The Hangleton & Knoll Project exists to work in partnerships with young residents to access and develop opportunities and resources and to facilitate positive change as identified by the residents of our communities.
We have a team of dedicated youth workers who support young people using a variety of different methodologies including:
- Open access youth clubs for young people (11–25).
- Street-based community youth work (detached/outreach).
- Promoting personal and social development.
- Enabling young people to have a voice, influence and place in their community.
- Helping build resilience and confidence.
- Developing life skills to learn, work, enjoy and achieve.
- Empowering young people to plan and establish their own groups and projects; with the longer-term aim of these groups becoming self-supporting.
By engaging with young people on their own territory we are able to make contact and build relationships with individuals who do not always access more mainstream youth provision.
What we do
Our new timetable shows our current schedule of regular and new projects and activities on offer for young people every day of the week (term time only) until 15 December 2023, including some we deliver in partnership with other organisations across the City. Our activities are available to local young people aged 11-19, and up to 25 for young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
We also run trips and activities in the school holidays for all our regular members.
The activities on offer currently include:
- Youth Bus at Portslade Aldridge Community Academy, BN41 2WS from 3pm
- Street Dance at St Richard's, BN3 7FP from 4-5:30pm (age 11+)
- Young Men's Group at Knoll Pavilion, BN3 7FD from 4-5:30pm (age 13+).
- Young Women’s Group at St Richard's, BN3 7FP from 4:30-6pm (age 13+)
- Youth Club at Knoll Pavilion in Knoll Park from 3-5pm (age 11+)
- Football in Knoll Park from 3-5pm (age 8+)
- Youth Club for young people with SEND at St Richard's, BN3 7FP from 4:30-6:30pm (age 14+)
- Table Tennis at St Richard's, BN3 7FP from 5-6pm (age 11+)
- Boxing at St Richard's, BN3 7FP from 5-6pm (age 11+)
- Youth Club at Hangleton Community Centre, BN3 8BW from 6-8pm (age 11+)
Please note there will be no sessions on Wednesday 22 November due to HKP’s AGM.
- Youth Bus at Kings School, BN3 8BN from 2:30pm
- Youth Club at Portslade Village Centre, BN41 2LZ from 4:45-6pm (age 11+)
Please note that our advertised programme is occasionally subject to change or cancellation (sometimes at short notice) due to unforeseeable events. Please follow us on Facebook for updates and notifications about our planned activities.
We offer free Annual Membership for young people aged 11–19, and up to 25 for those with Special Education Needs and Disabilities (SEND). This membership provides:
- Free access to all of our youth sessions, clubs and holiday programmes
- Subsidised / free trips
- Access to supported volunteering opportunities
You can find out more about what you can expect once you become a member here. Please click here to download and complete a Youth Annual Membership Application and Consent Form. Completed forms can be emailed to email@example.com or brought to one of our sessions.
Please note that, while we do our very best to meet every young person's individual needs, we are unable to offer 1:1 support during our group activity sessions. Please contact us if you would like to find out more about whether our sessions are the right fit for your child or young person. Our welcome letter for parents, carers and guardians can also tell you more about what we do.
For more information about our sessions or to discuss membership, please contact our Youth Team via phone, email, Facebook or Instagram